JapCarForum General Discussions Comments from the Mod/Admins Streamlining of car forums

Streamlining of car forums

Streamlining of car forums

steviewevie
Posting Freak
02-07-2016, 11:24 AM
You might have noticed that we've made a few changes to the car forums, renaming some, adding some and removing others.

We thought the whole area was a bit messy, with too many forums for cars that we're not so likely to get discussion on, and others that weren't represented. We've changed the forums to reflect what we think are the most likely models to be discussed for each manfacturer.

For each manufacturer there is an "Other" forum, and if you'd like to discuss any such "Other" model over a few posts, then please just ask, we can always add more model-specific forums where they're needed.

Probably the biggest change is that the Toyota variants of the Lexus models have been brought together with those Lexus models. So now the Altezza shares the same forum as the IS200, the Aristo shares a forum with the GS etc (and existing posts have been moved across). Which seems to make sense to us, for now at least, based on the volume of discussion, and given that they are very similar cars. If we got to a stage where there were, say, a lot of Altezza-specific discussions going on, with several members with such cars, then it might be worth splitting it out again. All of this is flexible.

Anyway, we hope you like the result, and all comments are welcome ! :biggrin:
Edited 13-08-2009, 09:02 PM by steviewevie.

[Image: Sig-enginebay.jpg]
IS200 Turbo project now just about complete ! See my thread here and leave your comments.
Now running standalone Syvecs ECU and no stock ECU !
steviewevie
02-07-2016, 11:24 AM #1

You might have noticed that we've made a few changes to the car forums, renaming some, adding some and removing others.

We thought the whole area was a bit messy, with too many forums for cars that we're not so likely to get discussion on, and others that weren't represented. We've changed the forums to reflect what we think are the most likely models to be discussed for each manfacturer.

For each manufacturer there is an "Other" forum, and if you'd like to discuss any such "Other" model over a few posts, then please just ask, we can always add more model-specific forums where they're needed.

Probably the biggest change is that the Toyota variants of the Lexus models have been brought together with those Lexus models. So now the Altezza shares the same forum as the IS200, the Aristo shares a forum with the GS etc (and existing posts have been moved across). Which seems to make sense to us, for now at least, based on the volume of discussion, and given that they are very similar cars. If we got to a stage where there were, say, a lot of Altezza-specific discussions going on, with several members with such cars, then it might be worth splitting it out again. All of this is flexible.

Anyway, we hope you like the result, and all comments are welcome ! :biggrin:

IS200 Turbo project now just about complete ! See my thread here and leave your comments.

RT
Banned
02-07-2016, 12:25 PM
The Lexus GS300 is a variant of the Toyota Aristo, not the other way round. The Aristo was launched in 1991, the GS followed in 1993.

It rattles my bones having to share a Lexus section Big Grin

And for the record, while I'm on my soap box Big Grin the Aristo doesn't have the Supra engine, the Supra has an Aristo engine.
RT
02-07-2016, 12:25 PM #2

The Lexus GS300 is a variant of the Toyota Aristo, not the other way round. The Aristo was launched in 1991, the GS followed in 1993.

It rattles my bones having to share a Lexus section Big Grin

And for the record, while I'm on my soap box Big Grin the Aristo doesn't have the Supra engine, the Supra has an Aristo engine.

steviewevie
Posting Freak
02-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Roadside Tech The Lexus GS300 is a variant of the Toyota Aristo, not the other way round.
I wondered when someone would say that :biggrin:

steviewevie
02-07-2016, 12:27 PM #3

Roadside Tech The Lexus GS300 is a variant of the Toyota Aristo, not the other way round.
I wondered when someone would say that :biggrin:

RT
Banned
03-07-2016, 09:40 AM
Marsdendean For some reason i always thought it was a Lexus Aristo. Shows how much i dont know!

LOL lots of them are badged up Le*us, so it's an easy mistake Big Grin
RT
03-07-2016, 09:40 AM #4

Marsdendean For some reason i always thought it was a Lexus Aristo. Shows how much i dont know!

LOL lots of them are badged up Le*us, so it's an easy mistake Big Grin

steviewevie
Posting Freak
03-07-2016, 09:45 AM
Roadside Tech LOL lots of them are badged up Le*us, so it's an easy mistake Big Grin

That's really what they want to be though, isn't it ? :tongue_smilie:

steviewevie
03-07-2016, 09:45 AM #5

Roadside Tech LOL lots of them are badged up Le*us, so it's an easy mistake Big Grin

That's really what they want to be though, isn't it ? :tongue_smilie:

RT
Banned
03-07-2016, 09:49 AM
steviewevie That's really what they want to be though, isn't it ? :tongue_smilie:

I was just, just, starting to like you :p Big Grin

You can't help badge snobbery, but if people want to ignore their roots, what can you do :Chair:
RT
03-07-2016, 09:49 AM #6

steviewevie That's really what they want to be though, isn't it ? :tongue_smilie:

I was just, just, starting to like you :p Big Grin

You can't help badge snobbery, but if people want to ignore their roots, what can you do :Chair:

steviewevie
Posting Freak
03-07-2016, 09:52 AM
:lol:

steviewevie
03-07-2016, 09:52 AM #7

:lol: