JapCarForum General Discussions JCF Photography Photography Help and Camera Use japfest camera questions

japfest camera questions

japfest camera questions

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4
purplewitch
Posting Freak
04-04-2018, 10:09 AM
[quote=Bandit]@ PW you know what i've said about it :lol: and yes i will clean it if it gets a bit of dirt near it :lol: QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]You've got the job Chris, you're booked .. I want pics with Dufus too and you might want to hesitate over offering to wash him, that's hard work !

Now if you could just chase up the bodyshop and mechanic and tell them we need it finished by friday .. Smile that will be great Smile [/COLOR]
Edited 16-05-2011, 08:25 PM by purplewitch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]That symbol on the side of my door.. Definition by FirebirdPhil 'Translated it means -
"try to overtake - go on give it a go I dare you......." [/COLOR]
I'm not an Outlaw; I'm a Poutlaw! Purple Supras are the bestest! I love purple .. a lot lot lot Smile
Follow us on Twitter and join us on Facebook
purplewitch
04-04-2018, 10:09 AM #31

[quote=Bandit]@ PW you know what i've said about it :lol: and yes i will clean it if it gets a bit of dirt near it :lol: QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]You've got the job Chris, you're booked .. I want pics with Dufus too and you might want to hesitate over offering to wash him, that's hard work !

Now if you could just chase up the bodyshop and mechanic and tell them we need it finished by friday .. Smile that will be great Smile [/COLOR]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]That symbol on the side of my door.. Definition by FirebirdPhil 'Translated it means -
"try to overtake - go on give it a go I dare you......." [/COLOR]
I'm not an Outlaw; I'm a Poutlaw! Purple Supras are the bestest! I love purple .. a lot lot lot Smile
Follow us on Twitter and join us on Facebook

dodgydave
04-04-2018, 10:44 AM
I think this camera forum is a great idea.

I would be up for a meet up to take a few pictures and get some advise from some of the more experienced members.

I used to be a bit in to photography years ago when we used film but like most people when we went digital just ended up getting my self a cheap compact camera and took snaps.

I decided to try and get back into photography recently and bought myself a Lumix G2 just before Christmas. I'm still getting to grips with it but so far I'm finding it an excellent camera. The thing I'm lacking is the inspiration for a good photo. I keep telling myself that I should just get out with my camera and take some picture and experiment but I never seem to get round to it so I just seem to take pictures at the usual events, Christmas, parties, car meets, holidays etc.
dodgydave
04-04-2018, 10:44 AM #32

I think this camera forum is a great idea.

I would be up for a meet up to take a few pictures and get some advise from some of the more experienced members.

I used to be a bit in to photography years ago when we used film but like most people when we went digital just ended up getting my self a cheap compact camera and took snaps.

I decided to try and get back into photography recently and bought myself a Lumix G2 just before Christmas. I'm still getting to grips with it but so far I'm finding it an excellent camera. The thing I'm lacking is the inspiration for a good photo. I keep telling myself that I should just get out with my camera and take some picture and experiment but I never seem to get round to it so I just seem to take pictures at the usual events, Christmas, parties, car meets, holidays etc.

Dark Samurai
Posting Freak
04-04-2018, 10:46 AM
You should experiment Dave Smile

Lexus IS300 Sportcross in Platinum Ice.
Click here for garage.

PSN ID: O3107 
Dark Samurai
04-04-2018, 10:46 AM #33

You should experiment Dave Smile

Lexus IS300 Sportcross in Platinum Ice.
Click here for garage.

PSN ID: O3107 

E55EX_RACER
04-04-2018, 11:41 AM
Dark Samurai My mac HDD is 500GB Smile give me a copy of PS Wink

That's plenty of space...all of my RAW and Jpg files take up 40gb Wink

There are ways to get hold of PS! If you're a student or know someone at school you can get lightroom fairly cheaply here or even PS but it depends what Mac you have as CS5 will only work on the Intel based machines, I have a G5 so use CS4 Smile

[Image: sig.jpg]
E55EX_RACER
04-04-2018, 11:41 AM #34

Dark Samurai My mac HDD is 500GB Smile give me a copy of PS Wink

That's plenty of space...all of my RAW and Jpg files take up 40gb Wink

There are ways to get hold of PS! If you're a student or know someone at school you can get lightroom fairly cheaply here or even PS but it depends what Mac you have as CS5 will only work on the Intel based machines, I have a G5 so use CS4 Smile

DaveEdin
Posting Freak
04-04-2018, 11:46 AM
As an aside, you can process RAW files in GIMP with a plugin called UFRaw... Darn sight cheaper than photoshop... Smile

IS200 Sport - Sold
Mazda 6 MPS - Zoom Zoom!

Modifications
Completed:

Currently 280bhp/295lbft; 3" Meercat custom exhaust; KW Suspension; FMIC; SSP; HPFP; Custom Stainless Steel Dials - for the moment, the only set in the world!! (Till the group buy for MPSOC anyway :lol: )

In Progress:

E-Tuning remap ongoing via Cobb Accessport; Braided brake lines; Stubby aerial; Tinted repeaters and sidelights; 3 Port Boost Control Solenoid; 3" HTP Intake
DaveEdin
04-04-2018, 11:46 AM #35

As an aside, you can process RAW files in GIMP with a plugin called UFRaw... Darn sight cheaper than photoshop... Smile

IS200 Sport - Sold
Mazda 6 MPS - Zoom Zoom!

Modifications
Completed:

Currently 280bhp/295lbft; 3" Meercat custom exhaust; KW Suspension; FMIC; SSP; HPFP; Custom Stainless Steel Dials - for the moment, the only set in the world!! (Till the group buy for MPSOC anyway :lol: )

In Progress:

E-Tuning remap ongoing via Cobb Accessport; Braided brake lines; Stubby aerial; Tinted repeaters and sidelights; 3 Port Boost Control Solenoid; 3" HTP Intake

E55EX_RACER
04-04-2018, 12:05 PM
DaveEdin As an aside, you can process RAW files in GIMP with a plugin called UFRaw... Darn sight cheaper than photoshop... Smile

I've been using PS for over 12 years now so it's what I prefer, although I got it fairly cheap! :whistling: I will be getting lightroom though as it's suppose to be much faster to organise your photos and batch process them. I do use Bridge as well so it would be good to compare them.

E55EX_RACER
04-04-2018, 12:05 PM #36

DaveEdin As an aside, you can process RAW files in GIMP with a plugin called UFRaw... Darn sight cheaper than photoshop... Smile

I've been using PS for over 12 years now so it's what I prefer, although I got it fairly cheap! :whistling: I will be getting lightroom though as it's suppose to be much faster to organise your photos and batch process them. I do use Bridge as well so it would be good to compare them.

Stoney
Posting Freak
14-07-2018, 02:22 AM
I am about to take delivery of a Canon 500D. Big Grin 15 mega-pixels, 3.4 fps bursts for action shots, plus 1080p video capabilities. I'm excited!

So will be making much more use of these photography forums! I don't have much of a clue, other than the very basics, but will be looking to learn fast! I am semi-competent in Bridge and Photoshop, and have the full Adobe CS5 suite, I use them to post-process shots from my phone and 'point and shoot' Sony, but look forward to working with RAW files of that resolution (5000 pixels wide!) with 14 bits per pixel from the DIGIC4 chip, the file sizes should run up to around 20MB Oli!

[Image: tempsig2.jpg]
Confusedad: It was a tough call to make, but the Supercharged IS200 is being retired. Confusedad:
Stoney
14-07-2018, 02:22 AM #37

I am about to take delivery of a Canon 500D. Big Grin 15 mega-pixels, 3.4 fps bursts for action shots, plus 1080p video capabilities. I'm excited!

So will be making much more use of these photography forums! I don't have much of a clue, other than the very basics, but will be looking to learn fast! I am semi-competent in Bridge and Photoshop, and have the full Adobe CS5 suite, I use them to post-process shots from my phone and 'point and shoot' Sony, but look forward to working with RAW files of that resolution (5000 pixels wide!) with 14 bits per pixel from the DIGIC4 chip, the file sizes should run up to around 20MB Oli!

[Image: tempsig2.jpg]
Confusedad: It was a tough call to make, but the Supercharged IS200 is being retired. Confusedad:

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4