JapCarForum General Discussions New Members newbie to the club

newbie to the club

newbie to the club

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
looney
18-08-2018, 12:51 PM
thanks mate very intresting,its good to get feed back from diffrent people on diffrent cars,kinda helps me make a choice,so why the honda s2000 then as your number one choice? i have been told that when the roofs down it can be a bit tight for space and someone said they felt bit trapped in kinda thing,why would you say now is the time to get a mr2 turbo then mate?
looney
18-08-2018, 12:51 PM #31

thanks mate very intresting,its good to get feed back from diffrent people on diffrent cars,kinda helps me make a choice,so why the honda s2000 then as your number one choice? i have been told that when the roofs down it can be a bit tight for space and someone said they felt bit trapped in kinda thing,why would you say now is the time to get a mr2 turbo then mate?

purplewitch
Posting Freak
18-08-2018, 12:53 PM
Supra (mkiv) are an addiction, you either get it or you don't .. if you do, well they will give you a passion you will never experience with anything else (and I have owned a lot of cars, and driven a scarily long list) Driving a supra (I have two and they are very very very different cars) will give you a thrill you can't replace ... but if comfort, handling and practical is anywhere on your list of requirements go elsewhere ! somewhere in the supra section I wrote a post about what my supras mean to me and most of my supra friends will agree with it, perhaps not admit it to the same degree lol. I have known people think they need to change after owning a supra a very long time, 95% regretted it and went straight back for another but if a feisty car scares you or you have to ask how much it costs to run one pop it to the end of your list Smile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]That symbol on the side of my door.. Definition by FirebirdPhil 'Translated it means -
"try to overtake - go on give it a go I dare you......." [/COLOR]
I'm not an Outlaw; I'm a Poutlaw! Purple Supras are the bestest! I love purple .. a lot lot lot Smile
Follow us on Twitter and join us on Facebook
purplewitch
18-08-2018, 12:53 PM #32

Supra (mkiv) are an addiction, you either get it or you don't .. if you do, well they will give you a passion you will never experience with anything else (and I have owned a lot of cars, and driven a scarily long list) Driving a supra (I have two and they are very very very different cars) will give you a thrill you can't replace ... but if comfort, handling and practical is anywhere on your list of requirements go elsewhere ! somewhere in the supra section I wrote a post about what my supras mean to me and most of my supra friends will agree with it, perhaps not admit it to the same degree lol. I have known people think they need to change after owning a supra a very long time, 95% regretted it and went straight back for another but if a feisty car scares you or you have to ask how much it costs to run one pop it to the end of your list Smile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]That symbol on the side of my door.. Definition by FirebirdPhil 'Translated it means -
I'm not an Outlaw; I'm a Poutlaw! Purple Supras are the bestest! I love purple .. a lot lot lot Smile

looney
18-08-2018, 01:00 PM
nothing much scares me,in speed sence,i always wanted a rx7 but i just think they getting on a bit now Sad but i know a freind of mine had one ad he said he loved it,reason being he said its the only car that scares the **** out of me lol and i guess id love to own a car that does that to you...but i do have to think about fuel costs a little bit as i do alot driving,prob 15k a year and i enjoy driving and need a everyday car,so i guess thats why i was thinking non turbo and s2000 or dc5
looney
18-08-2018, 01:00 PM #33

nothing much scares me,in speed sence,i always wanted a rx7 but i just think they getting on a bit now Sad but i know a freind of mine had one ad he said he loved it,reason being he said its the only car that scares the **** out of me lol and i guess id love to own a car that does that to you...but i do have to think about fuel costs a little bit as i do alot driving,prob 15k a year and i enjoy driving and need a everyday car,so i guess thats why i was thinking non turbo and s2000 or dc5

purplewitch
Posting Freak
18-08-2018, 01:04 PM
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]lol Both mine have to work for a living, I resent paying money to maintain a car that only comes out a few times a year but I have to admit when I worked 25 miles away from home my fuel bills were a lot more than my mortgage Sad

Actually they still are cos I love driving them so much I take the very long way home lol [/COLOR]
Edited 29-09-2011, 10:39 PM by purplewitch.

purplewitch
18-08-2018, 01:04 PM #34

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]lol Both mine have to work for a living, I resent paying money to maintain a car that only comes out a few times a year but I have to admit when I worked 25 miles away from home my fuel bills were a lot more than my mortgage Sad

Actually they still are cos I love driving them so much I take the very long way home lol [/COLOR]

looney
18-08-2018, 01:08 PM
purplewitch [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]lol Both mine have to work for a living, I resent paying money to maintain a car that only comes out a few times a year but I have to admit when I worked 25 miles away from home my fuel bills were a lot more than my mortgage Sad

lol well i cant say as i dont blame ya ,id be the same,but i do have to think about all them things,so i guess i still not sure lol
looney
18-08-2018, 01:08 PM #35

purplewitch [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]lol Both mine have to work for a living, I resent paying money to maintain a car that only comes out a few times a year but I have to admit when I worked 25 miles away from home my fuel bills were a lot more than my mortgage Sad

lol well i cant say as i dont blame ya ,id be the same,but i do have to think about all them things,so i guess i still not sure lol

BOOSST
Banned
18-08-2018, 01:23 PM
Sparkystav A 1ggte engined mark three supra?

Same as my current engine lol

I have to be honest, I don't know the Supras well enough to say which mark is which.. however, it was this shape
[Image: Toyota-supra-mkIII-1890.jpg]
BOOSST
18-08-2018, 01:23 PM #36

Sparkystav A 1ggte engined mark three supra?

Same as my current engine lol

I have to be honest, I don't know the Supras well enough to say which mark is which.. however, it was this shape

DaveEdin
Posting Freak
18-08-2018, 01:27 PM
BOOSST I have to be honest, I don't know the Supras well enough to say which mark is which.. however, it was this shape

Heh in the url for that image it says mkiii...

Definitely a mk 3 mate

IS200 Sport - Sold
Mazda 6 MPS - Zoom Zoom!

Modifications
Completed:

Currently 280bhp/295lbft; 3" Meercat custom exhaust; KW Suspension; FMIC; SSP; HPFP; Custom Stainless Steel Dials - for the moment, the only set in the world!! (Till the group buy for MPSOC anyway :lol: )

In Progress:

E-Tuning remap ongoing via Cobb Accessport; Braided brake lines; Stubby aerial; Tinted repeaters and sidelights; 3 Port Boost Control Solenoid; 3" HTP Intake
DaveEdin
18-08-2018, 01:27 PM #37

BOOSST I have to be honest, I don't know the Supras well enough to say which mark is which.. however, it was this shape

Heh in the url for that image it says mkiii...

Definitely a mk 3 mate

IS200 Sport - Sold
Mazda 6 MPS - Zoom Zoom!

Modifications
Completed:

Currently 280bhp/295lbft; 3" Meercat custom exhaust; KW Suspension; FMIC; SSP; HPFP; Custom Stainless Steel Dials - for the moment, the only set in the world!! (Till the group buy for MPSOC anyway :lol: )

In Progress:

E-Tuning remap ongoing via Cobb Accessport; Braided brake lines; Stubby aerial; Tinted repeaters and sidelights; 3 Port Boost Control Solenoid; 3" HTP Intake

BOOSST
Banned
18-08-2018, 01:29 PM
looney thanks mate very intresting,its good to get feed back from diffrent people on diffrent cars,kinda helps me make a choice,so why the honda s2000 then as your number one choice? i have been told that when the roofs down it can be a bit tight for space and someone said they felt bit trapped in kinda thing,why would you say now is the time to get a mr2 turbo then mate?

I can't say I ever felt the S2000 felt cramped with the roof down, and yes, you lose some space in rear, but still more than an MR2 has lol But the S200 has a driving experience all of its own and do seriously hold thier price as a result.

I would say now is a good time to buy an MR2 Turbo because there sudden;y seems to be a fair few on the market and hence prices are competitive..:thumbup:
Edited 29-09-2011, 11:03 PM by BOOSST.
BOOSST
18-08-2018, 01:29 PM #38

looney thanks mate very intresting,its good to get feed back from diffrent people on diffrent cars,kinda helps me make a choice,so why the honda s2000 then as your number one choice? i have been told that when the roofs down it can be a bit tight for space and someone said they felt bit trapped in kinda thing,why would you say now is the time to get a mr2 turbo then mate?

I can't say I ever felt the S2000 felt cramped with the roof down, and yes, you lose some space in rear, but still more than an MR2 has lol But the S200 has a driving experience all of its own and do seriously hold thier price as a result.

I would say now is a good time to buy an MR2 Turbo because there sudden;y seems to be a fair few on the market and hence prices are competitive..:thumbup:

purplewitch
Posting Freak
18-08-2018, 01:30 PM
The mkiii was cute .. bought mine because it reminded me of KITT in knightrider lol.. but those pop up lights don't withstand a witches need to make them pop up .. and up .. and up .. and up

purplewitch
18-08-2018, 01:30 PM #39

The mkiii was cute .. bought mine because it reminded me of KITT in knightrider lol.. but those pop up lights don't withstand a witches need to make them pop up .. and up .. and up .. and up

BOOSST
Banned
18-08-2018, 01:31 PM
DaveEdin Heh in the url for that image it says mkiii...

Definitely a mk 3 mate

The one i had was very rare, i had only ever heard of one other like it since. Mine was that shape, 2.0ltr turbo, Targa roof, manual and had digital dash etc.. Great fun to drive and my only hate was the very notisable flex with the targa roof off round tight corners..
BOOSST
18-08-2018, 01:31 PM #40

DaveEdin Heh in the url for that image it says mkiii...

Definitely a mk 3 mate

The one i had was very rare, i had only ever heard of one other like it since. Mine was that shape, 2.0ltr turbo, Targa roof, manual and had digital dash etc.. Great fun to drive and my only hate was the very notisable flex with the targa roof off round tight corners..

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next