JapCarForum General Discussions JCF Photography Members Cars Pictures Im new so i thought id upload some pics

Im new so i thought id upload some pics

Im new so i thought id upload some pics

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
DannyGT
23-08-2018, 01:45 AM
Yer cheers guys I appreciate the help, I done some research last night and they where say with what I'm looking at doing if I change the sleeves and add a block guard or something it will be capable if 420 but for road use it'll be wound down to 350 on 12psi or something so there's alot less stress on the engine! If there's any other things that you think I should take into acount I would love to hear cheers guys
DannyGT
23-08-2018, 01:45 AM #21

Yer cheers guys I appreciate the help, I done some research last night and they where say with what I'm looking at doing if I change the sleeves and add a block guard or something it will be capable if 420 but for road use it'll be wound down to 350 on 12psi or something so there's alot less stress on the engine! If there's any other things that you think I should take into acount I would love to hear cheers guys

DannyGT
23-08-2018, 02:14 AM
Hi guys here is the link to the site that I'm talking to and getting my turbo kit from, if you look at it could you tell me what you think about it wether there just talking out there ass or not but there kit they are say is still able to run high boost with not much work ??
http://Www.monkeywrenchracing.com
DannyGT
23-08-2018, 02:14 AM #22

Hi guys here is the link to the site that I'm talking to and getting my turbo kit from, if you look at it could you tell me what you think about it wether there just talking out there ass or not but there kit they are say is still able to run high boost with not much work ??
http://Www.monkeywrenchracing.com

daz@likwidart
23-08-2018, 02:45 AM
what you have to think about is this kit is for the usa celica ie LHD the manifold does not fit on the uk celica. the steering hits the turbo. everyone i have spoke to have had to custom make one to fit. that kit will not be a direct bolt on. who over here is going to fit it all for you?

Likwidart 3D Graphics
daz@likwidart
23-08-2018, 02:45 AM #23

what you have to think about is this kit is for the usa celica ie LHD the manifold does not fit on the uk celica. the steering hits the turbo. everyone i have spoke to have had to custom make one to fit. that kit will not be a direct bolt on. who over here is going to fit it all for you?

Likwidart 3D Graphics

Phil01
Posting Freak
23-08-2018, 03:15 AM
daz@likwidart yeah people seem to forget that these are only 1.8ltr engines. and they try and get the same power as a 3ltr twin turbo supra. dont get me wrong they are one hell of a lump. but when played with to that extent, become very unreliable. as said my mate has one of the se7en rotrex lumps and he has replaced every part to get the most out of it. but now its not any good for every day driving. 260-280bhp is a good safe amount for one of these lumps. and with these i dont really think you need any more. the VVTL-i engine is one of the best around for this car. i would say you are looking at around 10-15k to get what you want out of it. then you will also have the fuel. i think my mate said his one does around 18-19mpg now. with the figure you are after i would say more like 15-18mpg.

all these things you will have to take in to account. and the insurance ect.. if you dont mind me asking how old are you?
And take into account the 190 at stock level from the factory is very highly strung as it is
Phil01
23-08-2018, 03:15 AM #24

daz@likwidart yeah people seem to forget that these are only 1.8ltr engines. and they try and get the same power as a 3ltr twin turbo supra. dont get me wrong they are one hell of a lump. but when played with to that extent, become very unreliable. as said my mate has one of the se7en rotrex lumps and he has replaced every part to get the most out of it. but now its not any good for every day driving. 260-280bhp is a good safe amount for one of these lumps. and with these i dont really think you need any more. the VVTL-i engine is one of the best around for this car. i would say you are looking at around 10-15k to get what you want out of it. then you will also have the fuel. i think my mate said his one does around 18-19mpg now. with the figure you are after i would say more like 15-18mpg.

all these things you will have to take in to account. and the insurance ect.. if you dont mind me asking how old are you?
And take into account the 190 at stock level from the factory is very highly strung as it is

Phil01
Posting Freak
23-08-2018, 03:21 AM
Running the power and boost you want will take away the daily driveabilty. your head will always be under the bonnet and hand on wallet in back pocket.
Daily drive is far more Important than out and out power as a few members on here will agree
Phil01
23-08-2018, 03:21 AM #25

Running the power and boost you want will take away the daily driveabilty. your head will always be under the bonnet and hand on wallet in back pocket.
Daily drive is far more Important than out and out power as a few members on here will agree

daz@likwidart
23-08-2018, 03:36 AM
plus (and not being funny here) you need to know a hell of a lot about engines and turbos to keep this thing on the road. things will go wrong all the time with a turbo conversion. its ok if it come with one as standard but you stick one on a car that not really meant to have one on, and you will get problems. this is ok if you know what you are doing and can keep playing with it. if you are not that good with that side of things, you will end up paying a large amount out in repair bills.

Likwidart 3D Graphics
daz@likwidart
23-08-2018, 03:36 AM #26

plus (and not being funny here) you need to know a hell of a lot about engines and turbos to keep this thing on the road. things will go wrong all the time with a turbo conversion. its ok if it come with one as standard but you stick one on a car that not really meant to have one on, and you will get problems. this is ok if you know what you are doing and can keep playing with it. if you are not that good with that side of things, you will end up paying a large amount out in repair bills.

Likwidart 3D Graphics

leztec
23-08-2018, 04:43 AM
sweet ride fella
leztec
23-08-2018, 04:43 AM #27

sweet ride fella

Stoney
Posting Freak
23-08-2018, 05:35 AM
daz@likwidart plus (and not being funny here) you need to know a hell of a lot about engines and turbos to keep this thing on the road. things will go wrong all the time with a turbo conversion. its ok if it come with one as standard but you stick one on a car that not really meant to have one on, and you will get problems. this is ok if you know what you are doing and can keep playing with it. if you are not that good with that side of things, you will end up paying a large amount out in repair bills.

This has been my experience of big turbo conversion too. Mental power when working, and very impressive. Though generally off the road more than on it, and hundreds in parts alone - every month! Plus this is with non-daily cars. That would only serve to make matter worse.

Sorry we all sound so negative, but only speaking from experience, and want you to be warned before you get into a project like this.

[Image: tempsig2.jpg]
Confusedad: It was a tough call to make, but the Supercharged IS200 is being retired. Confusedad:
Stoney
23-08-2018, 05:35 AM #28

daz@likwidart plus (and not being funny here) you need to know a hell of a lot about engines and turbos to keep this thing on the road. things will go wrong all the time with a turbo conversion. its ok if it come with one as standard but you stick one on a car that not really meant to have one on, and you will get problems. this is ok if you know what you are doing and can keep playing with it. if you are not that good with that side of things, you will end up paying a large amount out in repair bills.

This has been my experience of big turbo conversion too. Mental power when working, and very impressive. Though generally off the road more than on it, and hundreds in parts alone - every month! Plus this is with non-daily cars. That would only serve to make matter worse.

Sorry we all sound so negative, but only speaking from experience, and want you to be warned before you get into a project like this.

Confusedad: It was a tough call to make, but the Supercharged IS200 is being retired. Confusedad:

daz@likwidart
23-08-2018, 06:14 AM
thing is you can get the rotrex fitted for around 7k and get around 300bhp, and on a plus side it will be more reliable for use everyday. i know around five members on the celica-club that are running them as everyday drivers with minimal down time. its the better option in my mind.

Likwidart 3D Graphics
daz@likwidart
23-08-2018, 06:14 AM #29

thing is you can get the rotrex fitted for around 7k and get around 300bhp, and on a plus side it will be more reliable for use everyday. i know around five members on the celica-club that are running them as everyday drivers with minimal down time. its the better option in my mind.

Likwidart 3D Graphics

Stoney
Posting Freak
23-08-2018, 06:16 AM
Same is actually true for us Lexus drivers. A supercharger is cheaper to install and run than a turbo, and very very reliable. Smile

Stoney
23-08-2018, 06:16 AM #30

Same is actually true for us Lexus drivers. A supercharger is cheaper to install and run than a turbo, and very very reliable. Smile

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next