JapCarForum General Discussions New Members couldnt remember old log in details

couldnt remember old log in details

couldnt remember old log in details

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
oldskool
21-04-2021, 10:53 AM
yes its double din - lovely screen ,, I just installed the rear cam and ran the wiring for the amps yesterday ,, just one alpine amp and a pioneer sub in a purpose built for a Scooby box a mate gave me who sold his sti a while ago - ill defo be doing dynamat as its rattling already and I haven't even started yet ,,, just looking around for a diversity freeview receiver to get the tv bit going then itll be mostly all the equipment I need apart from the speakers ,, got ifone lead ordered so ill be able to mirror my ifone/ipad apps on the screen on the headunit which will be handy
oldskool
21-04-2021, 10:53 AM #11

yes its double din - lovely screen ,, I just installed the rear cam and ran the wiring for the amps yesterday ,, just one alpine amp and a pioneer sub in a purpose built for a Scooby box a mate gave me who sold his sti a while ago - ill defo be doing dynamat as its rattling already and I haven't even started yet ,,, just looking around for a diversity freeview receiver to get the tv bit going then itll be mostly all the equipment I need apart from the speakers ,, got ifone lead ordered so ill be able to mirror my ifone/ipad apps on the screen on the headunit which will be handy

350zLad
21-04-2021, 11:15 AM
Sounds like you'll have a really good ICE setup mate, how much did your headunit set you back n where did you get it from? After a good dd unit for my 350 but struggling to find a decent one with nav included, yeah definitely a good move with the mat improves the sound quality no end in and out of the car, just had a scan through that pdf sounds like a really well set up car as standard!

!! If You're Not First Your Last !!
350zLad
21-04-2021, 11:15 AM #12

Sounds like you'll have a really good ICE setup mate, how much did your headunit set you back n where did you get it from? After a good dd unit for my 350 but struggling to find a decent one with nav included, yeah definitely a good move with the mat improves the sound quality no end in and out of the car, just had a scan through that pdf sounds like a really well set up car as standard!

oldskool
21-04-2021, 11:31 AM
I bought mine from ebay - guy had bought it for a range rover a few months ago for like £850 but it wouldn't sit right back in the dash so he was going back to standard - mines a avic f20bt which was released in 2010 and used to be well over £1500 - I gave him £300 for it in the box and have registered it with pioneer for all the free cam alerts etc - pioneer has a hack forum as well so all the latest maps and software can be put on their units to bring them up to new spec which is good

its a brilliant unit - nav is not as nice as a tomtom though but I haven't done the latest 2013 firmware update yet so it might get better - if nav like tomtom is required get a sony as they use tomtom software but the sound quality and the rest of the interfaces might be a tad below pioneers quality

basically the Scooby came with original headunit and no Bluetooth so it was gonna cost me like £100 for Bluetooth at least so as the pioneer uses a parrot system with separate mic and full phonebook display as well as nav and options for rear cam,front cam and tv etc it was a no brainer
oldskool
21-04-2021, 11:31 AM #13

I bought mine from ebay - guy had bought it for a range rover a few months ago for like £850 but it wouldn't sit right back in the dash so he was going back to standard - mines a avic f20bt which was released in 2010 and used to be well over £1500 - I gave him £300 for it in the box and have registered it with pioneer for all the free cam alerts etc - pioneer has a hack forum as well so all the latest maps and software can be put on their units to bring them up to new spec which is good

its a brilliant unit - nav is not as nice as a tomtom though but I haven't done the latest 2013 firmware update yet so it might get better - if nav like tomtom is required get a sony as they use tomtom software but the sound quality and the rest of the interfaces might be a tad below pioneers quality

basically the Scooby came with original headunit and no Bluetooth so it was gonna cost me like £100 for Bluetooth at least so as the pioneer uses a parrot system with separate mic and full phonebook display as well as nav and options for rear cam,front cam and tv etc it was a no brainer

350zLad
21-04-2021, 11:42 AM
Nice one sounds like an awesome unit and you got it at a steal!! Yeah that's a nice advantage to pioneer having that forum never heard of that, think personally I'd do the same as you and go for sound quality over the quality of the nav, cheers for explaining it mate been a big help I appreciate it, going to have another look through a some units now hopefully I get my own little bargain haha

350zLad
21-04-2021, 11:42 AM #14

Nice one sounds like an awesome unit and you got it at a steal!! Yeah that's a nice advantage to pioneer having that forum never heard of that, think personally I'd do the same as you and go for sound quality over the quality of the nav, cheers for explaining it mate been a big help I appreciate it, going to have another look through a some units now hopefully I get my own little bargain haha

oldskool
21-04-2021, 12:01 PM
theres quite a few on there and they come up all the time - kenwood are good as well - just research the model no of any unit that's up for grabs - can buy a kenwood nav/Bluetooth double din brand new for £575 - some ppl think thyre unit is worth twice what it is or cost - spot the unit , research it then message the vendor ,, my guy wanted £400 for mine but he took a day to consider my offer then as id said id drive up and collect he rang me and I went and got it - he was an hour and a half away but I wouldn't really want a unit like that posted plus I got to see it all working before I paid and im a bit impatient
oldskool
21-04-2021, 12:01 PM #15

theres quite a few on there and they come up all the time - kenwood are good as well - just research the model no of any unit that's up for grabs - can buy a kenwood nav/Bluetooth double din brand new for £575 - some ppl think thyre unit is worth twice what it is or cost - spot the unit , research it then message the vendor ,, my guy wanted £400 for mine but he took a day to consider my offer then as id said id drive up and collect he rang me and I went and got it - he was an hour and a half away but I wouldn't really want a unit like that posted plus I got to see it all working before I paid and im a bit impatient

350zLad
21-04-2021, 12:06 PM
Haha been impatient obviously paid off mate yeah I like to take my time picking things out on my car always looking for perfection, I'll find the right one out there somewhere, yeah looked at a couple of kenwood units they are reasonably priced for the features Smile

350zLad
21-04-2021, 12:06 PM #16

Haha been impatient obviously paid off mate yeah I like to take my time picking things out on my car always looking for perfection, I'll find the right one out there somewhere, yeah looked at a couple of kenwood units they are reasonably priced for the features Smile

oldskool
21-04-2021, 12:10 PM
yes defo - on mine you grounded the handbrake wire out to earth and have nav on the move as well as dvd etc while youre moving - im not sure how easy it is to get this bypass done on other makes/models - presumably most should be ok or doable but if you want movies on the move its another little thing to do some homework on
oldskool
21-04-2021, 12:10 PM #17

yes defo - on mine you grounded the handbrake wire out to earth and have nav on the move as well as dvd etc while youre moving - im not sure how easy it is to get this bypass done on other makes/models - presumably most should be ok or doable but if you want movies on the move its another little thing to do some homework on

Lexuspat
Administrator
21-04-2021, 01:13 PM
Welcome back to the fold.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

[Image: FB_IMG_1474048273787_zpsnbfq6a3s.jpg]

OutlawJapClub Admin Team
Lexuspat
21-04-2021, 01:13 PM #18

Welcome back to the fold.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

[Image: FB_IMG_1474048273787_zpsnbfq6a3s.jpg]

OutlawJapClub Admin Team

350zLad
21-04-2021, 01:21 PM
Yeah I'll be sure to have a look into that mate, a friend did it for me on my old car but haven't got a clue what he did I'll give him a ring

350zLad
21-04-2021, 01:21 PM #19

Yeah I'll be sure to have a look into that mate, a friend did it for me on my old car but haven't got a clue what he did I'll give him a ring

oldskool
21-04-2021, 01:23 PM
Hey Pat - thankyou
oldskool
21-04-2021, 01:23 PM #20

Hey Pat - thankyou

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next