JapCarForum General Discussions New Members Welcome Phoenix

Welcome Phoenix

Welcome Phoenix

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
toxo
Posting Freak
23-09-2016, 06:17 AM
IIRC that one's got a popper on the keyfob. However I would assume that it's got a way around it as well for when the battery is flat Big Grin

Out of interest, do you know where the doorhandle is on a Ferrari 355? Or on an MR2 based replica Smile

[Image: 582.jpg]
toxo
23-09-2016, 06:17 AM #21

IIRC that one's got a popper on the keyfob. However I would assume that it's got a way around it as well for when the battery is flat Big Grin

Out of interest, do you know where the doorhandle is on a Ferrari 355? Or on an MR2 based replica Smile

[Image: 582.jpg]

FirebirdPhil
Posting Freak
23-09-2016, 07:11 AM
Can't even go on line now without bumping into the Mrs!!

We have a great time buying this car yesterday, the previous owner has spent a whole lot of £'s doing the car up to the standard it is today, but wants to buy a house so it had to go, a real shame for him. He watched the car disappear down the road!!

The test drive was about 1 hour long due to the traffic, we did fast roads, slow moving traffic, tight corners all in the rain/wet roads and the car never missed a beat, no sliding, skidding etc. It boosts early in the rev range and pulls hard up to the red line no smoke or anything silly like that. A real pleasure to drive. I sort of agree about the side skirts being a bit square but it looks so nice I wouldn't want to change them.

Doors open via a solenoid under the wing mirrors, and there are a couple of secret overrides should the battery fail, and the wing mirrors are also indicators which is cool. Quite jealous because mine is off the road and the Mrs has 2 cars to play with for the moment!!

"Life's goal is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body. But, rather to skid in sideways........
totally worn out and broken, shouting 'Holy ****, WHAT A RIDE!'"
FirebirdPhil
23-09-2016, 07:11 AM #22

Can't even go on line now without bumping into the Mrs!!

We have a great time buying this car yesterday, the previous owner has spent a whole lot of £'s doing the car up to the standard it is today, but wants to buy a house so it had to go, a real shame for him. He watched the car disappear down the road!!

The test drive was about 1 hour long due to the traffic, we did fast roads, slow moving traffic, tight corners all in the rain/wet roads and the car never missed a beat, no sliding, skidding etc. It boosts early in the rev range and pulls hard up to the red line no smoke or anything silly like that. A real pleasure to drive. I sort of agree about the side skirts being a bit square but it looks so nice I wouldn't want to change them.

Doors open via a solenoid under the wing mirrors, and there are a couple of secret overrides should the battery fail, and the wing mirrors are also indicators which is cool. Quite jealous because mine is off the road and the Mrs has 2 cars to play with for the moment!!

"Life's goal is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body. But, rather to skid in sideways........

FirebirdPhil
Posting Freak
23-09-2016, 07:11 AM
The Ferrari MR2 is up for sale at £12k:ohmy:

FirebirdPhil
23-09-2016, 07:11 AM #23

The Ferrari MR2 is up for sale at £12k:ohmy:

Dan_Turism0
Posting Freak
23-09-2016, 07:15 AM
all Ferrari MR2's should be burned at the stake, sorry just hate the things.

My Garage
Supra Build Thread

' Nothing feels quick when your other car has a 1000bhp - JamieP
Quote:A Supra without a spoiler is like a Gypsy's dog without a Nob.
Dan_Turism0
23-09-2016, 07:15 AM #24

all Ferrari MR2's should be burned at the stake, sorry just hate the things.

My Garage
Supra Build Thread

FirebirdPhil
Posting Freak
23-09-2016, 07:16 AM
...................running off for a box of matches..............

FirebirdPhil
23-09-2016, 07:16 AM #25

...................running off for a box of matches..............

Dan_Turism0
Posting Freak
23-09-2016, 07:18 AM
haha Big Grin, so long as you and Heather are happy and it's mechanically sound that's all that matters.

My Garage
Supra Build Thread

Dan_Turism0
23-09-2016, 07:18 AM #26

haha Big Grin, so long as you and Heather are happy and it's mechanically sound that's all that matters.

My Garage
Supra Build Thread

toxo
Posting Freak
23-09-2016, 07:19 AM
dan_harris all Ferrari MR2's should be burned at the stake, sorry just hate the things.

My point wasn't that they're a good thing, it was just about innovative doorhandles Smile They are inside the vent :thumbup1:

2tongues The Ferrari MR2 is up for sale at £12k:ohmy:

*The* Ferrari MR2? There are at least 50... Top Gear even have 3 of them.
toxo
23-09-2016, 07:19 AM #27

dan_harris all Ferrari MR2's should be burned at the stake, sorry just hate the things.

My point wasn't that they're a good thing, it was just about innovative doorhandles Smile They are inside the vent :thumbup1:

2tongues The Ferrari MR2 is up for sale at £12k:ohmy:

*The* Ferrari MR2? There are at least 50... Top Gear even have 3 of them.

FirebirdPhil
Posting Freak
23-09-2016, 07:19 AM
She is very happy, ever since selling her white MK2 MR2, she has been longing after another one.

FirebirdPhil
23-09-2016, 07:19 AM #28

She is very happy, ever since selling her white MK2 MR2, she has been longing after another one.

Lexusboy
Posting Freak
23-09-2016, 07:39 AM
I always thought the MR2 are the best £ for £ car out there.

If i wanted a little sports car then i would buy one of these.
Lexusboy
23-09-2016, 07:39 AM #29

I always thought the MR2 are the best £ for £ car out there.

If i wanted a little sports car then i would buy one of these.

toxo
Posting Freak
23-09-2016, 07:51 AM
I would say that but I am biased Smile You certainly get a lot of power and creature comforts for your money. Can you look at the metal plate in the 'frunk' with the vin number on etc and tell me your transmission code? It will have E153 in it somewhere.
toxo
23-09-2016, 07:51 AM #30

I would say that but I am biased Smile You certainly get a lot of power and creature comforts for your money. Can you look at the metal plate in the 'frunk' with the vin number on etc and tell me your transmission code? It will have E153 in it somewhere.

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next