JapCarForum General Discussions JCF Photography Surrey Rolling Road take 2 - gauging interest

Surrey Rolling Road take 2 - gauging interest

Surrey Rolling Road take 2 - gauging interest

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next
toxo
Posting Freak
21-10-2016, 05:08 AM
Hi!

Over on IMOC Dave and myself are discussing a second trip to Surrey Rolling Road at the start of next year (probably late Feb at this rate). I know we had a few guys from OJC come along last year and now we have even more members so I thought I'd extend the invitation again! Hopefully Steve's IS200 can make an appearance too Big Grin

I think after Wozza's efforts last time we will have to say no auto boxes unless they can be locked in gear though :crying:

What do people think, anyone interested?

J
toxo
21-10-2016, 05:08 AM #1

Hi!

Over on IMOC Dave and myself are discussing a second trip to Surrey Rolling Road at the start of next year (probably late Feb at this rate). I know we had a few guys from OJC come along last year and now we have even more members so I thought I'd extend the invitation again! Hopefully Steve's IS200 can make an appearance too Big Grin

I think after Wozza's efforts last time we will have to say no auto boxes unless they can be locked in gear though :crying:

What do people think, anyone interested?

J

Lexusboy
Posting Freak
21-10-2016, 05:12 AM
No good for me i have a Auto box as well.
Lexusboy
21-10-2016, 05:12 AM #2

No good for me i have a Auto box as well.

alamkhan3980
21-10-2016, 05:13 AM
I would be up for it, but I have an auto Confusedad:

[SIZE="1"]Lexus IS300 Navigator
Engine: ITG ProFilter, Joe-Z Intake Pipe, Custom HKS Super Drager Exhaust, TRD Oil & Rad Cap & Grounding Kit
Suspension: BC Racing Coilovers, Hotchkis ARB's, Chassis Braces & WIM Geometry
Wheels: 18" OZ Ultraleggera & Falken ZE912 Tyres
Styling: Seibon Carbon Fibre Bonnet, Figs Bonnet Struts, Sports Grill, Repositioned Horns & SS Dials
ICE: JVC KW-AVX720 HU, Hifonics ZXI 6410 Amp, MB Quart RUA 216 2-Way Components, StealthBoXz with Infinity 12" Sub & Reverse Camera[/SIZE]
alamkhan3980
21-10-2016, 05:13 AM #3

I would be up for it, but I have an auto Confusedad:

[SIZE="1"]Lexus IS300 Navigator
Engine: ITG ProFilter, Joe-Z Intake Pipe, Custom HKS Super Drager Exhaust, TRD Oil & Rad Cap & Grounding Kit
Suspension: BC Racing Coilovers, Hotchkis ARB's, Chassis Braces & WIM Geometry
Wheels: 18" OZ Ultraleggera & Falken ZE912 Tyres
Styling: Seibon Carbon Fibre Bonnet, Figs Bonnet Struts, Sports Grill, Repositioned Horns & SS Dials
ICE: JVC KW-AVX720 HU, Hifonics ZXI 6410 Amp, MB Quart RUA 216 2-Way Components, StealthBoXz with Infinity 12" Sub & Reverse Camera[/SIZE]

Dan_Turism0
Posting Freak
21-10-2016, 05:14 AM
it's satan's drivetrain Big Grin

My Garage
Supra Build Thread

' Nothing feels quick when your other car has a 1000bhp - JamieP
Quote:A Supra without a spoiler is like a Gypsy's dog without a Nob.
Dan_Turism0
21-10-2016, 05:14 AM #4

it's satan's drivetrain Big Grin

My Garage
Supra Build Thread

steviewevie
Posting Freak
21-10-2016, 05:14 AM
Yeah, put my name down, especially since it's just down the road from me ! Maybe I'll have done something else to my car since I've had it back, e.g. change the exhaust ?

There are plenty of nice pubs around the area, if anyone doesn't want to hang around the rolling road all day :biggrin:

[Image: Sig-enginebay.jpg]
IS200 Turbo project now just about complete ! See my thread here and leave your comments.
Now running standalone Syvecs ECU and no stock ECU !
steviewevie
21-10-2016, 05:14 AM #5

Yeah, put my name down, especially since it's just down the road from me ! Maybe I'll have done something else to my car since I've had it back, e.g. change the exhaust ?

There are plenty of nice pubs around the area, if anyone doesn't want to hang around the rolling road all day :biggrin:

IS200 Turbo project now just about complete ! See my thread here and leave your comments.

Dan_Turism0
Posting Freak
21-10-2016, 05:29 AM
exactly Dean

My Garage
Supra Build Thread

Dan_Turism0
21-10-2016, 05:29 AM #6

exactly Dean

My Garage
Supra Build Thread

toxo
Posting Freak
21-10-2016, 05:34 AM
Not quite Smile

The problem is that you can't lock the IS200 auto box in a particular gear. So just when you start getting near peak power it changes, and if you kickdown you get a very weird dyno reading. They tried several kickdown attempts with Wozza's car but to no avail. I think it reported 3bhp more than Steve's N/A IS200 in the end, or something similar.
toxo
21-10-2016, 05:34 AM #7

Not quite Smile

The problem is that you can't lock the IS200 auto box in a particular gear. So just when you start getting near peak power it changes, and if you kickdown you get a very weird dyno reading. They tried several kickdown attempts with Wozza's car but to no avail. I think it reported 3bhp more than Steve's N/A IS200 in the end, or something similar.

toxo
Posting Freak
21-10-2016, 05:40 AM
steviewevie Maybe I'll have done something else to my car since I've had it back, e.g. change the exhaust ?

Or you can just show off your shiny new engine Smile

To be honest it took us a long time to get through everyone's cars last time, and we had a few people getting work done by Ryan from 2bar as well so there wasn't an easy period of the day where we could all nip to the pub for lunch. However I know Gord especially travelled a long way for the last trip, and having a rest break to sit down and chill might be a good idea for a smaller group of us at least.
toxo
21-10-2016, 05:40 AM #8

steviewevie Maybe I'll have done something else to my car since I've had it back, e.g. change the exhaust ?

Or you can just show off your shiny new engine Smile

To be honest it took us a long time to get through everyone's cars last time, and we had a few people getting work done by Ryan from 2bar as well so there wasn't an easy period of the day where we could all nip to the pub for lunch. However I know Gord especially travelled a long way for the last trip, and having a rest break to sit down and chill might be a good idea for a smaller group of us at least.

steviewevie
Posting Freak
21-10-2016, 05:51 AM
Yeah I don't mind bringing my car just to show it off, hopefully I'll have something to show off by then ! Won't be a new engine though :wink:

You could always try and schedule the runs in a couple of groups, so people could pop along to a nearby pub or cafe (there's a cafe where Gord had breakfast not far away) rather than hang around all day and be deafened. Of course, if peeps want to be deafened ... Big Grin

steviewevie
21-10-2016, 05:51 AM #9

Yeah I don't mind bringing my car just to show it off, hopefully I'll have something to show off by then ! Won't be a new engine though :wink:

You could always try and schedule the runs in a couple of groups, so people could pop along to a nearby pub or cafe (there's a cafe where Gord had breakfast not far away) rather than hang around all day and be deafened. Of course, if peeps want to be deafened ... Big Grin

toxo
Posting Freak
21-10-2016, 05:54 AM
OK OK new engine build Tongue Pedant!

They were in groups on the last trip, but some people messed it up by turning up late (whoopsie! :blushingSmile and us not being aware of who was doing power runs and who was mapping - that'll be sorted out this time so that we can leave Ryan to do his thing.

If Ant's red MK2 turbo goes again then I'm quite happy to be deafened with a big grin on my face while it makes 450+ bhp Big Grin

I will update this thread once I have some more definite information on dates, numbers and costs.
toxo
21-10-2016, 05:54 AM #10

OK OK new engine build Tongue Pedant!

They were in groups on the last trip, but some people messed it up by turning up late (whoopsie! :blushingSmile and us not being aware of who was doing power runs and who was mapping - that'll be sorted out this time so that we can leave Ryan to do his thing.

If Ant's red MK2 turbo goes again then I'm quite happy to be deafened with a big grin on my face while it makes 450+ bhp Big Grin

I will update this thread once I have some more definite information on dates, numbers and costs.

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next